Monday, December 22, 2008
1. Shankar Mahadevan (Megam Pola, Hey Baby, Kadhal Siluvayil)
2. Karthick (Anjala, Pada Pada)
3. Haricharan (Enthan Vananum, Siru Thoduthalile, Uyiril Yedho)
4. Naresh Iyer (Mundhinam Parthene)
5. Hariharan (Nenjukkul Peidhidum)
Top five Female Singers:
1. Sudha Raghunathan (Anul Mele Panithuli)
2. Kalyani (Mazhai Nindra Pinbu [chooo....chweeet...]
3. Bombay Jeyashree (Abhinayam Kaatugindra, Siru thodathlile)
4. Chinmayi (Avaram Poo)
5. Shreya Ghosal (Yaarum Thodatha, Poovinai)
Top three Lyricists of the year:
1. Thamarai (Vaaranam Aayiram)
2. Na. Muthukumar (Poo)
3. Vaali (Kuselan, Dasavatharam)
Friday, December 19, 2008
Awesome! (Albums which had three or more good songs)
* Varanamayiram by Harris Jeyaraj
* Vennila Kabadi Kuzhu by Selvaganesh
* Poo by SS Kumaran
* Uliyin Osai by Ilayaraja
* Aanandha Thandavam by GV Prakash
* Saroja by Yuvan Shankar Raja
Awful! (Expected albums that turned out to be a trash!)
* Kuselan by GV Prakash
* Sathyam by Harris Jeyaraj
* Abhiyum Naanum by Vidyasagar
* Aegan by Yuvan Shankar Raja
Music Director of the Year!
Undoubtedly Harris Jeyaraj is the music director of the year. Harris who failed to impress us with his average album Dham Dhoom and below average album Satyam, at last, deliverd Varanam Aayiram which was the outstanding and the best album of the year.
If I prepare a list of 10 Songs, it is a bit out of complacency. So I'm presenting a list of top 15 Tamil songs of 2008. The following are the songs I most frequently listened to this year. Each one of them is nothing short of a Gem number.
Worst compositions of the year:
This list represents the worst songs of this year. This list doesn't contain the songs of new comers but the worst songs composed by matured, talented and established music directors.
Share your thoughts!
PS: I started listening to the songs of Ajantha (2007) only in 2008 even though it was released in 2007. :-)
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
On Cloud nine,
Friday, December 5, 2008
* All songs from Varanam Aayiram (Harris Jeyaraj) except Yethi Yethi. Best album of the year. Hats off to Harris.
* Machan Machan from Silambattam (Yuvan Shankar Raja). Matured orchestration. Ilayaraja's rendition is another plus.
* Uyiril Yedho from Vennila Kabadi Kuzhu (Selva Ganesh) - A soothing melody with nice keyboard touch in the background. One of the top melodies of the year.
* Avarmpoo and Chu chu maari from Poo (SS Kumaran) - Both are gem numbers.
* Megam Pola from Aanandha Thandavam (GV Prakash) - One of the best of Shankar Mahadevan. Second interlude being the highlight of the song.
Well, we are at the end of the year. I'm preparing the list of best songs of the year 2008. Watch out this space. :)